Top bar icons order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
Hey guys, U know how to fix the order of wifi, bluetooth, sound and time in the top bar? for some odd reason, they get moved every now and then, now i have the bluetooth and battery info behind the time, it looks weird.

Reaction score
Hm.. I didn't even know that this is changeable. mine is (left to right) Spotlight, Bluetooth, time, battery, sound, Airport, Proteus. It has always been like that and it did never change...

Anybody knows if and how to change it?

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mine was (left to right) VirtuDesktop, bluetooth, wifi, sound, lang, battery, time
today when i turned my laptop on it got changed to virtuedesktop, wifi, sound, lang, time, battery, bluetooth! which makes no sense!. why would the bluetooth move!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
(note: The items on the top right of the menu bar are called "menu extras.")

Hold Command and drag them left or right with the mouse,
or drag them off the menu bar to remove them.

This only works for certain items though.
It works for all default Mac OS X menu extras (Volume, Date & Time, Fast User Switching, etc.).
As for 3rd party menu extras,
it works for some (e.g., MenuMeters) and doesn't for others (e.g., Google Notifier).

"Although Apple provided an API for third-party developers to use to create menu extras using the NSStatusItem class, they used another private class called NSMenuExtra to develop their own menu extras. Menu extras based on NSMenuExtra automatically included a number of extra features not available to NSStatusItem-based extras, such as drag and drop install/uninstall and the ability to rearrange the extras by pressing ⌘ and dragging."

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_extra

You can also quickly drag around toolbar items of most applications by using Command drag.

OP
comthre3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
remain, perfect, thanx a lot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.