Tranfer via network - mac to pc

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a system here running Panther 10.3.7.

I need to transfer data over (via network) to a Windows box.

What applications and methods do you recommend to make this happen? Can I install veritas on the windows box and use something else on the mac to successfully implement the transfer? The mac has retrospect installed.

What are your opinions?

Thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
I actually got it going. I had an issue though.

I trasnferred some files from the mac to the pc. I then transferred those files from the pc back to the mac and the files we're all corrupted. All of the quark files had the extensions changed to text files and was corrupted.

Any ideas on how this occured?

I believe appletalk may work a bit better.

The problem is that I cannot connect to the windows machine with it. Everytime I try to connect to the server it fails stating incorrect username and password. The problem is that it never prompted me for the credentials. How can I connect via appletalk and have it request for the proper credentials. I have appletalk enabled on the ethernet adapters. It seems as though a password is saved somewhere from a previous connection maybe, how can I clear it?

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.