skype headsets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
Hi,

I am looking for a reasonably priced headset which works with skype and a mac easily.

don't want it to spend too much but also don't want it crap so want it inbetween really.

all suggestions are welcome and i would love to hear other peoples experiences and setups. the main concern i have is with the echo sound where you can here yourself through the earphones and volume of the mic.

i have a bluetooth headset at the moment but it seems very quite even at max volume.

thanks

dave.

jah

Reaction score
i have a plantronics dsp500 and it work ok
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005A9AV/?tag=macforums0e4-20

seems now a days you want to buy a wifi flip phone, some new ones on the market have a screen + a web browser built in so they can navigate into skype at a local coffee shop. dont have one myself so i cant recommend.

before going into buy mode download the latest version of skype, try to adj the volume, there is a skpe loop back test number you can try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Sony Mylo.

LinkSYS iPhone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i have the mic volume on max in the system preferences. how can i increase it within skype? all i see is to select device that you want to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.