Burning Mulit-session CDs with Disc Utility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Last year Macworld ran an article on using the features of Disk Utility. I followed their procedure for burning a multi-session CD after creating two disc images from two folder archives. It took a while to burn so I know something was written to CD.

However, when I now mount the CD two expected disc icons appear on my desktop, but when I click on them, Finder shows 0 files! What did I do wrong and why won't anything show in Finder?

OP
cramar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
Bump! Well...doesn't anyone burn multi-session CDs with Disk Utility?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I tried using that disk utility and coundn't get to burn multisession discs. But Toast does that just fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The built in disk burning utilities can't do multisession. You need 3rd party software for that, although there is freeware available like simplyburns and liquidcd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.