2 weeks

Reaction score
So yep i have made the switch, have been using a pc my whole life and never touched a mac before. My new iMac 24 inch 2.16 GHZ, 500gb, 2gb will be here in 2 weeks. My grandmother thought it would be a good graduation present from highschool and plus im going to college to be a graphic designer so its all good. Plus i get a 30gb ipod for only $50 since im a collge student. Cant wait to use it, quick question though. I make alot of techno music and i wanted to know how well does garage band work with this.

Thanks guys in advance

Reaction score
I also make alot of alot of techno music. Garageband is perfect for this. TONS of loops from Bass guitar to Middle Eastern instruments. Also the fuction to costomize an instrument's sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
That is a very beautiful and generous gift.

I also go to school for Graphic Design and have to say, the industry knows,

it's all about the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
That is one seriously nice present! As for Garageband - i tinker around with house and electro myself and i don't really care for Garageband. I prefer using Reason and Ableton. I love messing around with effects and creating my own from scratch something which you can't do on Garageband (as far as my understanding goes).

On the flip side, it's a musical tool so it's how you use it that counts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.