booting problem

Reaction score
I set up the partition and everything, but when I tried to restart the mac it does not recognize the boot device and tells me to insert a different one.. but it won't spit out the cd and when I press the eject key, it does not do anything.. I am not sure what to do at this point.. is there a way to eject the disk, if not, is there a way to boot mac osx?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You might have to be a little more descriptive. It sounds like you're computer has a disc in it, and when you boot up, it won't boot OS X and tells you to insert another disc. Is this what's going one? Have you installed Windows yet or was is getting to that point?

The drawbacks of a slot-loading drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Hold down the option key when you fire up the computer - it'll offer you any 'bootable' device the machine has. You should be able to choose OSX.

Assuming you mean you're installing Windows - what are you installing? If you're trying to install anything other than XP with service pack2, or Vista, it won't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.