• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

is it possible to burn a vlc viewed file?

Reaction score
Definately new to learning all his mac software, although enjoying the process. I have a wicked soccer game that won't play sound through quick time, but will play perfectly through vlc. All i want to know is- HOW can i burn a dvd with a file that only plays in VLC? ANY suggestions would help a lot, THANKS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Need a little more info from you on this.

1. Do you have perian quicktime codecs installed? If not, download and install them.

2. What is the filetype of the soccer game?

3. do oyou have iDVD?

4. do you have Burn?

depending on the filetype of the soccer game, Burn should let you open it, select Video, then from the drop down select DVD, and then drag the video clip into Burn. It will ask if you want to convert and auther the file for DVD.

Select yes, and off you go.

Brian

OP
G
Reaction score
some info

i've downloaded perian codecs and others as well. When the codecs have been downloaded, im having trouble installing them for some reason. it says copy to other folders to install but being the newjack on computers, i've yet to figure it out quite yet. the file is an avi file, like most of my downloaded files. I do have IDVD, not sure about burn, i'm looking into it. it's a new mac so should come with most stuff. lastly, i know this is all a lot but after trying to download new codecs, update my quick time etc... my quick time wont open anything anymore- every movie comes out with a blank screen with no sound. Soooo frustrated as im trying to learn how to use this magnificent mac, just having a bit of trouble so far. the blank screen doesnt help my problems lol. if you could help- MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Use FFMpegX. It will convert virtually any video file into any other (including an authored DVD you can burn with apple's Disc Utility)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.