will Dreamweaver and Microsoft Publisher work on Mac

Reaction score
Hi! My web guy is suggesting I get Dreamweaver to do small edits to my website and Publisher to do edits on my newsletter. Will those programs run on my Mac? Do I need to get Mac versions? Are there others that will run better (and do the same thing)?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Hi! My web guy is suggesting I get Dreamweaver to do small edits to my website and Publisher to do edits on my newsletter. Will those programs run on my Mac? Do I need to get Mac versions? Are there others that will run better (and do the same thing)?

Thanks!

Dreamweaver certainly has a version for Mac, and if you're on a Mac pro you could run the Windows version anyway.

Under most circumstances it just uses a pretty standard FTP connection to transfer to and from your website.

I use it on both platforms, it handles my modest needs well - basic websites, a little php.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If you're just doing small edits I believe you can use Macromedia Contribute, or Adobe Contribute? hmm.. anyways if someone knows for sure please speak up :)

As for publisher you could get apple iWork for all of that.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks! Can I use iWork to do simple updates (text and image changes) on a file he has already made with Publisher?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
If you know HTML, I'd suggest Coda instead. It's much less of an in-your-face
3 ton gorilla. However if you program visually, go with dreamweaver.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.