http://jrdb.orcon.net.nz - comments?

D

design2

hey guys,
this is a post on behalf of dis guy named jarred.
comments on design, code, navigation, whatever, all welcome!

tp://jrdb.orcon.net.nz (outdated link removed)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Well done. Nice color scheme, and a good, simple layout.

There are only a couple things that don't work for me - one, I don't see the significance of a car on the pages. I like the head (good drawing by the way) and the computer is fine since it has something to do with the topic of your site, but the car just seems out of place. I think you could also make the content box a bit bigger - it's kind of frustrating having to scroll when there's not much text there at all ('about' page).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It's a beautiful and efficient site! I agree the car may seem a tad irrelevant. But it appears to be modeled after a classic American Ford or Mercury estate car, is that right? :)

OP
T

TylerMoney

not too shabby.....wish there were more photos, and more content in general...but the design is pretty unique....

OP
D

design2

and one more for the road

hey thanks for the feedback.
heres another site jarred has just done recently and would like some feedback

tp://www.jiraffesolutions.com/ (outdated link removed)

OP
R

RobDreugan

Both sites have good typography. The first has colors that I'm not crazy about, but they aren't bad. The second I do like.

My only comment is that the first one doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense with regard to what the site is about.

Also, i think having the background color not the same as the foreground would help, just in order to build some more page contrast.

OP
T

TylerMoney

RobDreugan said:
Both sites have good typography. The first has colors that I'm not crazy about, but they aren't bad. The second I do like.

My only comment is that the first one doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense with regard to what the site is about.

Also, i think having the background color not the same as the foreground would help, just in order to build some more page contrast.

What Rob Dreugan said is right! (reference to Blazing Sadles)
-but really, he makes very good points.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.