need help making a decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP•2GB | iPod
well to make a long story short my house got robbed last night and they got me for over 5,000.00 worth of goods.

they stole ....

42inch plasma (ripped off the wall)
macbook
citezen eco drive watch
all my new era fitted caps ( 16 of them )

other little misc stuff.

what would you guys do ?

1. get another macbook
2. used mbp
3. build the ultimate pc

thanks for the help guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
Call the police would be my first step.

With regards to your options - what do u use your computer for because this will probably determine which is the best option.

I am also sure I have seen on a thread around here a while ago or an article that was linked about some system you could install on your laptop and as soon as you report it stolen, the next time it connects to the internet it lets them know where it is. Maybe this is something more of us should consider?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
what would you guys do ?

Here is what I do, to guard against this happening in the future:

47b5db39b3127cce91e5b772b3af00000016109IZM2bVq38

and

day.jpg

In all seriousness though.. that 5UCKS!!! It's pretty obvious that it is either someone you know, or someone that has been in your home previously, based on the fact that they took HATS??? I feel for you Bro... Hopefully they catch the low-lifes. Thieves are cowards.

Lo-Jack would be great to have on that MBP right about now.

Reaction score
Wow, that sucks! Of course you should contact your local authorities, check eBay, and watch for those hats!

I have 30 New Era/59 Fifty caps, and I would hate to have a single one of them stolen!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would call the police, then file an insurance claim. Think about what RIDE suggested. Then are getting the claim check from the insurance company. I would look at what you thinking.

Reaction score
Drive around looking for someone wearing a New Era hat and an Eco watch.

If it was insured, why not use the $ for a refurb MBP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I have seen on a thread around here a while ago or an article that was linked about some system you could install on your laptop and as soon as you report it stolen, the next time it connects to the internet it lets them know where it is. Maybe this is something more of us should consider?

that is called Lojack

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E07A&nplm=TJ669LL/A

It is sold right at the Apple store but it is third party. There is a one year license and a 3 year

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.