iBook G4 12" wireless card

Reaction score
I have recently aquired a late 2005 model iBook G4 12"
Reading other forums and websites it seems that model came with both bluetooth and airport as standard.

However, my ibook appears not to have a airport card. no matter what i try I cannot seem to find an inbuilt wireless card.

I have purchased an airport extreme card from ebay, It was listed as being compatible with the ibook G4 (late 2005). Reading manuals etc, I found that the card is supposed to be installed under the keyboard, above the RAM.

Could someone please help me to find where i am supposed to install this card. Thanks

TreColl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You need to pull the two tabs on the top of the key board back, buy the Esc, and F12 keys, and pull the keyboard up, while pulling those tabs back. Carefully fold the keyboard back on itself, so it is laying facedown on the trackpad.

Then you'll see a depression on the left side of the space under where the keyboard was, along with a cable, and clamp. The airport card goes in that slot with the connections facing away from the screen.Be sure to seat it in fully, it will take some force, and should snap/click into place. Then plug the cable into the back of the card, and put the clamp in place. Finally put the keyboard back down.

OP
T
Reaction score
sorry mate, i should have been a bit clearer. after lifting the keyboard, There is the metal area, with like a little panel on it. I removed that to find ONLY a slot for RAM nothing else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dont remove the metal panel, it goes ontop of the metal panel.

OP
T
Reaction score
There is nothing to connect it to.

EDIT: Just got an e-mail from a macupgrade website. They are telling me that this model uses a combined bluetooth/airport card which i need to purchase.
Thanks for your help though.

(for future reference)
The model I have is the extremely late 2005 model, which has 512mb soldered onto the logic board. If you have this model, do not purchase a normal airport extreme card!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your picture didn't show up. Heres a step by step guide with photos at ifixit.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.