Usage

Reaction score
Hello,

Earlier on this forum someone said that Mac Minis make good desktop computers as long as you only use it less than an hour a day. I want a Mac Mini, however, I'd be using it a couple hours a day. Is this true? Also, can someone explain why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Not sure who said that, or what they were basing it on, but you can use a Mini for as long as you need to. You shouldn't have any problems using it all day if you need to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
less than an hour a day? i used my first intel mac for five or more with no problems. nothing i have ever heard about.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope you took their message the wrong way. If not, that is not true in any way, shape or form. I have a 1.66 Mini Core Duo. Was doing Folding @ Home 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at full 100% CPU on both cores and even leading my whole folding team with it. NEVER did it act up. One of the most stable Systems I have ever owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
That's weird...you can use the Mac mini as long as you need to. I'm using my Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz one for 9 hours a day here at the office. It's a little workhorse! :)

I'm sure the HUGE heatsink/cooling stand I have it sitting on has to help. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.