Replacement for Isight camera

Reaction score
Hi, I have a mac pro with a cinema display and want to buy a camera to use Ichat AV. I noticed that the Isight Camera has been discontinued by apple. Can someone recommend another camera as good as Isight that will work with IchatAV. Or does anyone know if apple is going to come out with a new camera? why did they discontinue the Isight, does anyone know?

thanks

-Malena

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
Have I been living under a rock or what? I never realized that Apple discontinued the iSight (glad I own one). I'd look for one on eBay. While some of them are ridiculously priced, they average at about $180 - $200. That's a lot of money for a webcam, but the iSight is still the best cam for Macs, hands down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kooBcaM 13"
Have I been living under a rock or what? I never realized that Apple discontinued the iSight (glad I own one). I'd look for one on eBay. While some of them are ridiculously priced, they average at about $180 - $200. That's a lot of money for a webcam, but the iSight is still the best cam for Macs, hands down.

I have a working one with the removeable griffin sightlight attachment, make me an offer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.