Buy Mac now or wait for Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Going to buy a Mac before starting college, trying to decide whether to wait for Leopard or take my chances and get Tiger OS on 2.16Ghz Macbook. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
well im waiting till leopard is out and that way it will come on the mac,instead of having to shell out extra 85£ for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
the macbook will not change any b4 then i think, so your just waiting on the new OS?
you can always pick up Leopard later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I'd buy it now, it's not like Vista where you'd have to save up $300 for it only to find that you need more RAM and a better processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Only you can answer that question.

Leopard comes out in October and is $129. Make of that what you will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
Buy it now, then when you start college you will be a student and you can get Leopard for a low price :)

Reaction score
I was trying to wait for Leopard, but once I get that 'I gotta buy a Mac feeling' I just cant wait!

Reaction score
I'm gonna buy a Macbook soon, and will buy Leopard separately so I can install it on both machines...

I will of course buy the multlicense... *looks into a ceiling corner*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Everyone here is right...buy now, and upgrade down the road when you have the chance. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Going to buy a Mac before starting college, trying to decide whether to wait for Leopard or take my chances and get Tiger OS on 2.16Ghz Macbook. Any suggestions?

In my opinion, I have never ran across a mac OS I have not liked even as far back as OS9.. I see no reason to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Do you need a computer now? If yes, get one now. If you don't need it immediately, wait until you do need it, then buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Everyone here is right...buy now, and upgrade down the road when you have the chance. :)

Yea. Plus that free iPod will offset the cost of Leopard down the road,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
What new features are in Leopard? I'm also in the same boat here - considering buying a mac, but i CAN wait, if it's going to be worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Check out Apple's website, it has a ton of information on Leopard's features.

I agree, get yourself the Mac now. You'll get a free iPod with it, which you can probably sell to offset the $69 you'll have to pay for Leopard in October.

Plus, in the meantime, you can familiarize yourself with Mac OS X. That way upgrading to Leopard will be far more natural :D

Reaction score
if i buy a mac now and then buy leopard can i install it in more than one computer? most probably not, is there any ways of installin the same cd on 2 computers?

Reaction score
Me, am a new mac convert and so far i love it....really great stuff, i haven't done anything similar to ctrl, alt, del common in windows. i was also thinking like you, wait for the leopard....but i bought a macbook, 120 HD, 2.16Gz....and am fully sarisfied with it, i don even think i will upgrade to leopard, because i like this version very much...leopard feels vista to me and that's what i hated most from windows....please go buy the mac now, or else u gonna miss....i am a satified mac customer...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Aluminum iMac, 2.0 C2D, 1 GB
Yeah I just bought a iMac 20" its very nice by the way. Too bad they can't have a deal if you buy a mac within a couple months before the new OS that they could give you a free copy.

That would be nice.

But O well I am still happy with my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I thought about waiting for Leopard to come out, but I had to get my MBP! I also wanted it before I started school. The university I attend starts early in the summer. I'm just waiting for Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
It really depends on how much use you're going to get out of the Mac between now and October.

If it's a case of getting familiar with OS X, then getting the Mac now is the best option. Also the current version of OS X is already so amazing that you wouldn't even need to upgrade to Leopard for a while.

If you're already familiar with OS X, the start of a new term/semester is usually pretty slow. You probably won't need to have a computer for the first couple of months, so waiting until Leopard comes out would be a good option in this case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I wanted to wait for Leopard too, not like I needed it for Work. My 17" 2.0GHz iMac was fine but I went ahead with the 24" 2.4GHz iMac because of all the hype! LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.