My Utility Folder is Empty. Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book, 2 Ghz
hi all,

i have a mac book with tiger and all recent updates on it. i was moving a few items i use often for school to the sidebar and i accidentally moved the utilities folder. i thought no harm done, i just moved it back. but now i need to get inside of it and there is nothing in there.

i have no idea on this one. your help is desparatel needed

THANKS!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Try searching in SpotLight for Utilities. It found mine. Hope that helps.

OP
firoz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book, 2 Ghz
i tried that. i didn't lose where the folder is, i just lost the contents and i don't know even know how. thanks for the suggestion though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i tried that. i didn't lose where the folder is, i just lost the contents and i don't know even know how. thanks for the suggestion though.

Sorry I thought you moved the whole folder. Then search for utilities in that folder like, Activity Monitor, Audio Midi Setup, Disk Utility. That should work as long as they are still on the Hard Drive. Let me know if you find it.

OP
firoz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book, 2 Ghz
crud, they couldn't be found in spotlight. seems i deleted it somehow. any quick idea on how and or where to get it back from? i'll call mac support friday if nothing else, but these forums work better for me time-wise.

thanks again.

Reaction score
The applications would be on the Mac OS X Install discs, but they are inside packages (pkg files). So you'd have to reinstall the whole system, but thanks to this little App called Pacifist, you can go hunting for the contents of that pkg file and find your utilities folder contents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.