cant install safari

Reaction score
alright, im going a little crazy. i got annoyed of Safari a little while ago and removed the whole application from my iMac (20", 10.4.9, 1GB or RAM). so now i see that there is a safari 3.0 beta that i would like to test out, but every time i try to install it, it gives me a "i do not have the requirements bla bla bla" i obviously have them all, so i went online and i thinks its because this is an update, therefore i need the app on my computer. so i go online and try to find one to download, and i see about 4 versions that none of them want to install. Basically, where can i find and download Safari so that i can install the 3.0 update.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Reaction score
I did the exact same thing you did. I've fiddled with Safari and all its extensions so much that I figured it would be safer to start anew. So I killed it off before installing the beta, only to discover I needed the old one.

But the last time I retrieved Safari from Apple's install disk by using Pacifist, I compressed an extra and kept it as a backup. So I installed the backup, then the beta.

Then I went back to Firefox. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like brown study said, your best bet would be to get it off your install disc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.