So, Is It A Good Buy?

Reaction score
hey everyone. im in dire need of your help, and im also new at the mac experience. SO! im looking to purchase a macbook in the near future. to be specific, a white macbook with a 13 inch screen.
the so called "technical information" is...
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
120GB hard drive1
Double-layer SuperDrive

SO! seeing how im new at mac, i need you guys to tell me.
i have about, 2043 or something pictures on my current windows computer, and about 411 songs.

so what im wondering is, if i get this new mac, will all of my music and my pictures fit onto the hard drive?

oh and also, how would i go about transferring my music and photos?

pleaseeee help. i need to know more before i buy this macbook. =D

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey Stefanieeeee,

Welcome to the forums. Just the from the so called "Technical Information" ;P it looks like a pretty good buy.

The only thing that you might want to consider with such a massive collection of Photos and Music is getting the 160GB Hard Drive, unless you are comfortable with upgrading the HD later at your own leisure. Also there is always the option of a External HD.

As per transferring all your media to the MacBook, that is easy and simple. If you browse over to this LINK it shows you the procedure of transferring EVERY thing you have on your PC to your new MacBook using a Network Cable.

I have gotten the Black MacBook (Check specs under to the left) and I love it. I am new to the whole Mac Experience as well but I love it and there is no turning back for me :D

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks a lot.
but like you said about 160GB hard drive, im kind of on a budget.
basically right now, if im going to get a macbook, i want to get one that will be useful to me.
so if that means getting the bigger hard drive, i'll just wait longer and spend the extra money.

thanks again.

Reaction score
Hola stef,

I would say the 120 gig HD is sufficient. I have quite some music, photos and other crap and have the whole collection on my MBP. Before I had that I stored most of it on an external hard disk, which was just a pain - always had to connect it before I could open iTunes. Anyway, I still have lot's of room on my disk.

It might help if you know how much music and photos you have right now (in gb) and over how long of a period you were collecting that. Just to see how much it would grow over the next few years you would use your new macbook.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I honestly believe that the 120GB will be enuff to get you started and then later on you can always upgrade.

The Beauty of Apple is in the fact that you can Upgrade the RAM and The Hard Drive without Voiding the Warranty which is just WICKED COOL :D

And again, down the road you can pick up an external drive for $100-$200 when you need the extra space.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. :D

Reaction score
hm.. if you think you will need a bigger HD than 120 your might want to get it now. I think upgrading it yourself is pretty hard (you can check that out at www.ifixit.com) and getting it done costs even more than buying it right away. that's why: see how much you have right now. if it's already 80 to 100 GB you need a bigger one than 120. if it's more around 40 it should be alright.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
You'll be fine! No worries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.