If you have a Macbook 13" 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo *Please Look*

Reaction score
If you have a Macbook 13" 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo *PLEASE LOOK*

Listed below are the specs of my laptop
1.83 GHz 13" Intel Core Duo
Version 10.4.9

Apparently the person I purchased my laptop from gave me the wrong osx installation CD's. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME SPECS ... could you please tell me what it says on your installs cd's. Thank You!

OP
J
Reaction score
Version 10.4.9

Apparently the person I purchased my laptop from gave me the wrong osx installation CD's. IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME SPECS ... could you please tell me what it says on your installs cd's. Thank You!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Version 10.4.9

Why don't you just ask the seller to give you the PROPER CDs? That way, you don't have to go through this unnecessary hassle.

OP
J
Reaction score
From a previous thread ...

I've recently purchased a 13" macbook from craigslist. I tried reformatting the hard drive with the Mac OSX Install Disc 1 & 2 included by the seller. I know the CD's are valid because the computer can recognizes them and allows me to choose the language I would like to install OSX in. However, right after I press next a message pops up saying "This software cannot be installed on this computer." I tried contacting the person I purchased the laptop from but he has now vanished in thin air - not picking his cell or replying to my emails. I tried contacting Apple and they stated it wasn't stolen but I need the contact information of the original buyer in order to place an order of receiving the original install CD's.

I hope that answers your question and the search continues .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Why don't you just tell them that you can't contact the original owner and since it wasn't stolen, it's technically your machine now.

Worst case scenario, you have to go to eBay and buy the proper set. I think there was a site that sells machine specific install discs, but I can't seem to remember the address...

Reaction score
dude i just ordered my OS X install discs from apple today. all i told them was that my operating system was completely wiped out and that i didnt have my operating system discs anymore. they politely placed an order for them and there being shipped right now. and the best thing instead of wasting $60 dollars like i did off of ebay i only paid $34.60 shipped. im not sure what number you called but ill give you the number i called: 800-275-2273.

Just tell them your story that you bought if from somebody else and they should help.

I was actually surprised that they even let me purchase it.
but thats on my MBP though.

And just to let you know i didnt get my MBP new i bought it from a friend that i didnt know any of his information i just told them that i got it from a friend and just stated what AREA he lived in and that was it they let me order them i didnt even have to give them a name or anything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.