HELP! lost something from dock

Reaction score
well like the subject says, I lost something from dock. It was the "spring" (with the @ on it) icon next to the trash can and HD icons. How do I get it back? I don't have the icon any where else on my coputer I don't think. I did a spotlight search and nothing

Thanks

Reaction score
I know what you mean. it's this one next to the recycle bin. but I can't remember what it was. I don't have/use it so it can't be too important ;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I think that icon only took you to the Apple store or did a Check for Updates. I am leaning towards check for updates.... I always remove it right away.
Did you check the System Apps folder or System folder in the Applications folder? It should be the last or near last item in the apps folder if you have alphabetical sorting turned on. Check in that folder.
Bryan

Reaction score
found something in another forum:

You mean the spring with the @ sign on it?

Its only a link to Apples website. It serves no other purpose except to annoy you and demonstrate that you can put folders in the dock on the right of the separator. You can get rid of it by dragging it off the dock.

Reaction score
Using Safari (maybe any browser), you can get it back by going to Apple's site and dragging the apple favicon in the URL to the dock.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks! for the help guys does anyone know what was the website that icon was originally for?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It was for Apple's website. It's just there for marketing reasons. I'm sure you know how to type in www.apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I believe it was actually a direct link to the Apple Website OS X Page to be specific. Its completely useless IMHO. I took it off as well.

Reaction score
You can drag the favicon from any site on the web to the dock, and clicking it will return you to the site. But they're all @ signs on springs, with the only difference being the sites' names showing up under the cursor.

It would be handy if bookmarks hadn't been invented, I suppose.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.