Update music files to match iTunes Library?

Reaction score
I'm using xp....

Is it possible to automatically update my music files to match what is displayed in my iTunes Library?

For Example...I imported my music to the iTunes library (did not duplicate) and found such and such song to be mislabeled. I made the necessary changes in the library but those aren't reflected in my music folder (as expected). I'd rather not have to go through the files a second time around to update their information.

:( Help. Please.

Thanks,
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
iTunes only modifies the tags, but doesn't change that info for the file structure on the hard drive. You can check the box to let iTunes organize your music for you and it should do it. If you already have that box checked, then I don't know.

OP
B
Reaction score
I don't like that iTunes creates a folder for every artist even if you only have a single song for that artist. Oh well. Should have just kept everything better organized as I acquired it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.