Vista on Bootcamp Video Driver Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP i5
Hi. I can get vista ultimate installed through bootcamp, but when I install the drivers, they all work and I restart. However, the only drivers that don't appear to work are the video drivers since the resolution is stuck in a stretched 4:3 format and it says I have 16mb video memory, when my machine has 128mb.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
This is stating the obvious, but have you tried changing to a 16:10 resolution in display settings? I just installed Ultimate last night and it started 4:3 but changed to normal when I changed the settings.

Mine initially stretched the image across the screen though. Do you have black bars on the sides?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP i5
No, I had gone it and tried to change the resolution. There are 3 options, all of which are 4:3, which just stretches. The problem is that the mac drivers won't install the video drivers and the ones I've downloaded off the internet won't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh, that's odd. I had several resolution options before even installing the Mac drivers CD. I'm on my third Windows install on my MBP. The first 2 were XP and both times I ended up with video problems where my external display wouldn't owrk at all. So far it's all good in Vista. Maybe Boot Camp or the Mac hardware configuration just doesn't play nice with Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tha only thing I could think of is something went haywire during the install, because that isn't normal as far as I can tell. If you haven't done too much work and installing other programs, maybe trying a fresh new install would help. That's what I eventually had to do with my video problems. Sorry there isn't an easier answer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP i5
I've installed it 3 times, same thing happened each time. XP always works though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch display, 2.4 ghz intel dual core processor, 2 gb. of memory, 256 hd graphics card
I am having isues with watching movies on my Imac using vista home premium. I play a dvd and it plays fine for 10 seconds and he drags and then catches up. its weird other than that everything in vista workings fine, I think its a graphics card driver issue!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.