Upgrade MacBook to Leopard?

Reaction score
So I'm new to Macs and bought a 2GB DuoCore Black MacBook a couple months ago and LOVE it....What's the deal with upgrading the OS? I hear all this talk about Leopard, and I guess I have Tiger (still not sure, LOL)....Do you have to buy the new OS when it is released to upgrade? If so, is it expensive? Hard to upgrade? ? ?? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
You've got awhile to wait til Leopard releases in October. The announced price yesterday is $129. It's never hard to upgrade stuff for Apple products. I'm suprised they don't show up and do it for you. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
You have Tiger.

Leopard comes out in October.

Pay $129, put in the DVD and it will install.

Easy peasy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Not only easy, but the way it'll happen will look much like the initial walkthrough you saw when you first turned on your new MacBook...beautiful. Apple really cares about making things look very pleasing to the eye, thereby easier on the mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, C2D 2.16 GHz, 3Gb, 250Gb
So it will be like insert cd/dvd and there will be installation screen that will upgrade everything?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.