scannig w/ norton antivirus

F

flyin3d

I can only get this app to scan when something mounts. Im used to being able to right click and having a scan option being there. Is it possible to select a file and scan it individually?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
One thing I would try is control click it and see if a Norton option appears. But honestly, the chances of a virus relevant to your Mac are rather slim ;)

OP
J

Joeytpg

ok but lets imagine this......if i dowload something that's infected with a PC virus, it'd not affect OS X Or any MAC system right?.....but...i'd still have an infected file that can infect a windows user that i send it to........ right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Joeytpg said:
ok but lets imagine this......if i dowload something that's infected with a PC virus, it'd not affect OS X Or any MAC system right?.....but...i'd still have an infected file that can infect a windows user that i send it to........ right?

I'd say that is correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Yeah I'd agree with that as well, did control click work?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.