Advice wanted please :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Hi guys and girls!

I'm looking at replacing some different bits and bobs with a Mac Pro and wondered what people would recommend and if anyone knows of any good places to get refurbished Macs in the UK?

I currently have a mac mini acting as a test webserver, phone machine, and itunes server. I also have a Lacie MiniDisk ethernet backup drive which my MBP backs up to daily, I do site backups to it and it stores my itunes library.

I want to get a Mac Pro to do it all in one and for me to use as my day to day machine. I get a little bit sick of having to plug everything in and out of my MBP depending on whether I'm working at the desk or not. Lazy I know but there you have it.

I know I don't need a top of the range Mac Pro - same will say I probably don't need one - but don't know what to look at.

I use the following apps sometimes all open at once

1. Dreamweaver
2. Photoshop (CS2)
3. Fireworks
4. llustrator
5. Safari / Firefox / Opera
6. Neoffice
7. Cyberduck
8. Parallels running XP whihc has IE6 / IE7 open
9. Adium
10. other little bits and bobs.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations,

Adam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
I'd go for iMac 24" or if you already have a nice monitor, the mac pro 4x2GHz will give you all you need. get some more RAM as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.