Crashed Ipod! :(

Reaction score
Hi, My best friend just came over here with tears in her eyes... her Ipod (which I was listening to last night) crashed today. Unfortunately her PC was rebuilt (by me) :( :( a few weeks ago and she never got around to dumping everything back onto her computer. Here's my question. When I hook it up to my mac I see it scan the device and can see all the music as it's scanning....but when I try to mount the device from the /Volumes all I get is a > at the command line. Anyone have any suggestions? Or is this thing dead.... Nemo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
What generation is it? :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Well by looking at it I can see no identification as to the generation. It's approximately 2-3 years old. Give or take a little. Looking at the 'about' page on the interface shows a version of 3.1.1 / Model number M9282LL.
Also... of the 18.5 gig capacity there is 3.5 gig available. So I know the data is still there...just to figure out how to get to it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.