still trying to figure it all out...

Reaction score
FINALLY.... I decided to get a mac and I got it loaded...I even got the Adobe CS3 software. Now, I am getting ready to take classes on this stuff since it is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but I have some questions:
1. Do I have to have Microsoft office 2004 loaded on my machine in order to view anything that others send to me in word or excel? or is there some kind of shareware out there that I am unaware of that will allow me to view & print? I tried to use the "test drive" of the Office 2004, but it won't let you print anything . . . (I know this probably sounds like a stupid question, but I have no idea how this all works)
2. How can I make a change to a PDF document that someone sent to me? I tried opening it in Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, but I couldn't figure it out.

:( The only thing that is frustrating to me is that I was able to teach myself all of Microsoft office stuff within a month and I am having a real hard time figuring all of this Mac stuff... so any help you can offer or places you can refer me to I would GREATLY appreciate it!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
as todd51 mentioned above,
OpenOffice is a free software. Its actually a complete MS Office Alternative that is FREE. You can View, Edit and Print MS Office Documents on it with no problems as far as I know.

I personally use NeoOffice which is yet another MS Office alternative that is also for Free.

As per the PDF question I can't help u there. Sorry.

Have fun with ur Mac. Enjoy it and Welcome to the Forums.

OP
OneMommy
Reaction score
Thanks!

I really appreciate it! I have been googling & didn't find a whole lot, so I am glad that you guys suggested an alternative... as I really don't want to have to have Office installed on my Mac!

Have a great day!

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
2. How can I make a change to a PDF document that someone sent to me? I tried opening it in Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional, but I couldn't figure it out.

PDF files are usually used for final output and as such are not editable.

The one application that should be able to edit them is Acrobat, check whether the file attribute have been changed to read only or something.

Amen-Moses

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.