hmmmm. leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
I don't know, I can't shake this feeling that I liked the look of Tigers layout more than leopards.

For one thing, Leopard is copying vista's clear taskbar/whatever you call the mac version. I think this worked for vista, not for OSX..........
I don't like the new dock either, it looks cheap and not classy like tigers one, although i do like the riflection. why is there no gap between the apps on the dock and the recycle bin? i liked this on tiger.
also, as was said in another thread, if that grassy background is the new default background, then sheesh.

also, anyone got a closer view of what the new apple logo looks like in the top right? seems to me they are attempting to push out aqua blue in place of that metallic mac pro look. this is okay i guess.

Thoughts?

desktop_hero20070611.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
excuse my spelling etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
I dunno, I kinda like it. The Menu Bar transparency will probably be configurable (though, perhaps not), but I think it looks pretty cool. And, it makes a certain degree of sense from an interface point of view. It's transparent, I think, so that the user can focus more on the opaque application windows, which is where his or her work is carried out. Thoughts on this?

The Dock modification is completely natural, IMHO. I installed ClearDock because I thought Tiger's Dock looked too tacky, but I think Leopard's is far classier.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It looks like the icons are setting on a desktop or ledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The new dock gives a more 3D feel, but I like my ClearDock more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
So far it looks good, though I think going with black may have been a better idea than copying Vista's Aero Glass.

I like how the Dock icons looks like they're sitting on a ledge. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I am really looking forward to Leopard myself
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2.0GHz Macbook, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD
I love the new look! Though I am a bit curious on how the dock will look on the left side, as I've gotten pretty used to it on the left.

Here's a closer look at the Apple logo. It's now black and a bit bigger i think.

leopard.png

I'm also looking forward to "stacks". I think it's an awesome idea.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I love the new look! Though I am a bit curious on how the dock will look on the left side, as I've gotten pretty used to it on the left.

ditto.
maybe a clear background will be a built in option. if not, unsanity will hopefully update cleardock for 10.5 pretty quickly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Maybe each icon will have a little shelf! :) (posting from the new Win Safari on VISTA via Boot Camp, works fine so far but makes me feel uneasy)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Maybe each icon will have a little shelf! :) (posting from the new Win Safari on VISTA via Boot Camp, works fine so far but makes me feel uneasy)

does this make you feel any more uneasy? ;)

Picture 1.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
does this make you feel any more uneasy? ;)

O U C H!

I am on Safari 3 on a Dell P4 with 2GB ram. Works very well here. Just trying it out. Now back to my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Leopard looks like a logical progression from Tigers interface to me. I certainly can't see any Vista-copying there at all. Everything seems a lot more subtle, instead of Vista bashing you over the head with pointless effects.

The Menu bar might become more opaque when you actually click or move to it, which makes sense from a UI point of view, and also goes with the more prominent active window. The Mac UI tends to look confusing with a screen full of windows so I look forward to that bit.

I hope this is a step towards replacing Aqua altogether, these blue things are starting to look naff, IMO.

Reaction score
I like it :) I don't think enough to bother upgrading from Tiger but just at a natural time when it's time for a new machine, I'll definitely like it. I quite like the little ledge the icons are on, looks quite nice and clean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I like the new look and features myself. As far as the Dock, I welcome some change. Looking forward to Leopard, as mentioned seems logic after Tiger.

Reaction score
I'm still getting over how much I like Tiger!

Can't bear the thought of turning my back on this beautiful OS.

Then again the new features in mail are AWESOME. I can't wait to start sending all my mac-less mates beautiful mac mail.

Reaction score
Coverflow for the Finder is nice to look at, great for browsing a photo cd of a friend you don't want to add ti iPhoto. It's basically a smaller Quick Look, before the real Quick Look and the Full screen mode. It's support for Word documents has my wallet already. I don't work much with them, but the ability to read them withouth having to fire up word is great.

I also wonder whether I need word installed anymore for just *viewing* DOC files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Actually for me apart from the dashbord (which I thisk is really nifty) to me 10.4 is just an extension of 10.3. But 10.5 is really different in so many ways. Yeah I've heard so many people bagging the concent shown at the keynote but I actually liked it. And I think I might be getting 10.5 as soom as it comes out.

Stacks, the new finder and desktop, core animation, 64 bit, and that web widgit thing really interest me.

I think cover flow/quick look really is only useful for people who don't adequetly name their files and later don't know what it is without opening up the app to look at the file. And yeah that's me all over. I try to fix the problem. But often I'll download a file from the net and look at it two weeks later and see a "000198ggh.jpg". What's that? These will really help me. So I can rename the files to something more useful right in the finder. That'll save up a whole load of time and processor useage. I just wonder how much proccessor power these features will use.

I don't use ichat much as everyone I know uses msn. So I'm forced to stick to Adium for that.

And I think spaces is something I'll never use. I can cope with having a few apps open on my desktop. But having 4 or maybe more desktops each with multiple processes going on them, is like a crazy. Sure it's nice, but I think it'll take heaps of brain power to remember exactly what's going on in each of them. Sure you can always switch back to chack. But there are times where I can't or wouldn't want to switch back cause I'm doing something here I can't or don't want to leave. In short I'm happy with my one desktop. Spaces might be for others, but not for me.

And lastly I wonder exactly how the iphone will link with OS X in the mac. I know it'll do itunes like the ipod does. But I mean the rest of it's features. Can you upload files or apps to it? What else can you upload/transfer to it. Sure I'm not in the zone for an iphone now. And won't be for a long time, but these are things I'd really like to know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
my thoughts on leopard are

1. i will not be waiting until october to get a new laptop
2. i will not buy it when it goes on sale for my macs
3. i will how ever use it on a new machine in the future - say 1.5 or 2 yrs time when i next upgrade

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.