Cracked the screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
How old is your Macbook Pro? Do you have Applecare?

In all likelihood, you'll have to take it to Apple to get repaired. Expect to be out of a laptop for a couple weeks.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Well I talked to the guy at the store and he said $750 to fix it. I am not sure I can get rid of that kinda cash. the computer is almost one year old now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's almost one year old, then it might be covered under warranty. If not, then you'll want to get yourself AppleCare as it'll be much cheaper than shelling out for a new screen

But if it's been more than a year, then that means you don't qualify for Applecare, and that unfortunately means you'll have to shell out cash to get it fixed. :(

Reaction score
How did it crack?

If you did it then I don't think warranty will cover it unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
If you dropped it, you have no choice. It's either a new one or getting it fixed. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Get Applecare, go from there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
If it's almost one year old, then it might be covered under warranty. If not, then you'll want to get yourself AppleCare as it'll be much cheaper than shelling out for a new screen

But if it's been more than a year, then that means you don't qualify for Applecare, and that unfortunately means you'll have to shell out cash to get it fixed. :(

how are cracked screens covered under warranty?

if its cracked, i really really really doubt theyll fix it for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I mean if you woke up one morning and there was a small crack on the screen due to a manufacturing defect. Who knows, maybe heat or a slight battery bulge could have caused a crack if the screen wasn't made properly.

But if the OP did something to crack the screen, then yea, you're right, warranty most likely will not cover it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I mean if you woke up one morning and there was a small crack on the screen due to a manufacturing defect. Who knows, maybe heat or a slight battery bulge could have caused a crack if the screen wasn't made properly.

But if the OP did something to crack the screen, then yea, you're right, warranty most likely will not cover it

gotcha...

for the price of a new screen, id hook it into a large monitor and make it a "desktop"

and just pony up for a new one, or get a dell with some completecare (if your into breaking things :) ) hehe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.