How do I fix this?????

Reaction score
I am working on installing bootcamp so I can get XP on my macbook. I have searched all over the internet and can't figure out how to fix this
Picture1-1.png

It won't allow me to move the divider left or right. I have the required 10 gigs of memory what can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Repair and verify your disk permissions and then try running Boot Camp again.

Use the Disk Utility to do this (located under Applications --> Utilities)

Reaction score
did you repair permissions by using the utility off of a OSX dvd? If you didn't then you only repaired the non startup portion of the hard drive. in order to repair the start up portion you need to boot off of a OSX dvd or start up in single user mode (hold down command + s at start up) and type in /sbin/fsck -fy at the command prompt and let that command run until it says its finished. It may take a couple of minutes. When this completes the startup portion of your hard drive will be repaired.

OP
Y
Reaction score
That still didn't do it. i am getting a little down about this whole bootcam thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Can you click "Use 32GB"???

After clicking that... can you adjust it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Can you simply click "Use 32Gb"... and not adjust?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Ok I fixed that problem....
but...I have a new problem

"Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

I think i need to enable journaling, how does one go about doing that on the mac HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.