Need some advice regarding notebook situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
I ushered in the return of the Mac to my family by buying a 1.43 G4 iBook a year and a half ago.

Since then, I've sung it's praises. Well, we recently got a Macbook with the 2 Gig processor. Here's the deal- my wife needs / wants a notebook so she can:

A. Use Quickbooks (Windows version) for her side business.
B. Browse the Interweb. ;)

Well, I use my iBook for browsing, Photoshop, creating estimates, etc. However, I want/need to be able to run some Windows based programs.

Here's the dilemma: If I take over the Macbook, then she can't use Quickbooks. So, I can either:

A. Buy an inexpensive Windows machine for her Quickbooks, and keep the iBook for family use.

B. Trade / Sell my iBook and get an upgrade (not as economically feasible right now).

I would like recommendations, suggestions, etc. on inexpensive notebooks that will suffice for Quickbooks- or an idea of trade-in, etc. on my iBook.

Thanks!

OP
XPADREX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PS: How do the 13" Macbooks compare with my 14" iBook in terms of view, resolution, etc.? What should I expect?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
you could just run windows on your mac...

Yes, you can run a program called Parallels (costs $$) along with OSX at the same time... OR you can download BootCamp for free, from Apple's website, and run Windows XP when you need to use Q-Books. No need to buy a windows laptop.

OP
XPADREX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know we can on the new one- but mine is a PPC, and cannot. Alas, we now need 2 machines which can run Windows.

What a drag. I got into Macs again to get away from Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Gotta do what you gotta do, just get a cheap laptop for it, as you said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
macbook screen is way better than 14" iBook, which is essentially the same as 12" iBook (resolution wise). macbook has very crisp, and bright display. I have both iBook and macbook and after spending time on macbook have hard time adjusting to inferior screen of ibook (I still have to use some classic apps for work). Macbook has higher resolution - 1200x800 vs. 1024x767 on iBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.