battery charged but doesn't work..

Reaction score
Please someone can me on why my macbook pro does not start with the battery. When I click the battery indicator, it lights up full green but whenever I try to start up my laptop from my battery it dies after 2 seconds. My laptop also dies if I unplug the power adapter. Battery is less than a year old and connection seems to be fine because I see no X over the battery pic. Any help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
I had the exact problem less than a week ago, I tried it with a friends battery and it worked fine, so I think you have a faulty battery.

Not sure how far away you live from an apple store, but they just swapped the battery for me :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Call Apple - request a replacement. There has been known issues with their MBP batteries, though I haven't heard of yours.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hopefully that is the case, guess I'll hit up my local mac store.. are they usually pretty willing to swap a battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
If your MBP is less than a year old, any faulty battery should, theoretically, be covered by the warranty. I don't know if you've done this already, but I'd suggest running Software Update after you've replaced the battery, and make sure that you've got the recent battery update that Apple put out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.