Macbook Memory

Reaction score
I'm new to the mac side of things, this is my first! I am not familiar with the hardware side of things. I bought a Macbook 13" a couple months ago and everyone here says to upgrade to 2gb of ram. I am ready to do that but I don't know what manufacture to get it from. I have a friend that can get me a good deal on 2gb from buffalo technologies, any good? I need advice please.

Thanks,
Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
Go with your friend's advice. There's also Kingston and Crucial, but buffalo is good also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'll vouch for the G.SKILL memory. I've got that exact same set in my Macbook and it works like a charm :D

OP
F
Reaction score
After reading the posts above and doing some research of my own I have found the prices to be almost the same across the board. When I bought my Mac a couple months ago the ram was 2x times what it costs now and no one carried it and now it can be had for $90 and under for 2gb. So I guess the only question is what brand? I have heard of Buffalo from the win side of cpus but I don't know if thats good in Apple and I have never heard of G.skill. I am hoping to boost performance to run my web design apps. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Ryan

OP
F
Reaction score
I bought the G.Skill memory last night from Newegg. I will let you guys know if it's good! Thanks for the replies I got!!

<R>

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.