$70 macro lens

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Here's something I picked up from vwvortex or the canon digital photography forums.

If you're shooting with a canon 50mm f/1.8 (or equivelant what ever lens), take it off the mount and turn it around so the front of the lens is pressing up against the mount. Instant macro lens.

You can't control aperture and focus and the depth of field is going to be small, but with enough light, you can get some cool shots. I'll post one up when I get it taken. I got an idea for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
REally? What camera are you using? I didn't think a camera would shoot without a lens attached properly. I have a Canon XTi and a 50mm. Let me know how you did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
You can actually buy adapters so that your reverse mount lens is attached too the camera.

The adapter has your mount (Canon or nikon) on the side that attaches too the camera and is accepted by the lens with filter threads...so just thread on the lens and your there.

Some people who have broken lenses will make their own mounts with the broken lens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Could you post a link or give us some more details?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm using a 30d, but it should work on any camera that will take a picture without a lens, which should be all dslr's.

I've seen a setup with like 3 or 4 lenses attached to each other via adapters and such. You just can't auto focus or control the aperture, unless the lens lets you manually set that.

The more you go and the longer the lens, the less the amount of light is let into the camera, so you're probably going to have a decent light source on the subject.

Reaction score
It can be lots of fun!!

77875800.tpeZYTse.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16ghz, 2GB RAM, 160gb HDD
ah, i hate it personally. the DOF is wayy to small to get anything professional looking...if you want to cheap out might as well get extender rings!

Reaction score
my friend did something similar
instead of blowing money on an extender ring, he took his body cap and rear lens cap and made holes in the. next he glued the 2 together to create an extention. it was also a coverter because the lens was some random make and camera was canon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.