Does the MAC have these?

Reaction score
Okay, I've switched over, and now I'd like to know how and if I can do the following:

First of all, I know the in's and out's of a pc, but now, I really want to learn if I can do the following on a MAC.

1) In the Address bar, how do I make it so that when I start typing something, previous searches don't show up?

2) Are there hidden files capablities? If so, how do you do it?

I'm sure i'll have more questions...but this is it for now...I'm not sitting in front of my MAC so I can't really think of other questions.

All the help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
please don't call it MAC. It's called a Mac.

Reaction score
The poor guy was looking for a few answers don't lambast him with it's not a MAC, a little more like here's the answer, and your best to call it a Mac rather than MAC.
I do wonder at times.
Sorry thakoolkat I haven't switched yet so I'm just a stupid WINDOOOSE user at the moment.!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I knew you guys here could do it

LOL

:D

I know he was looking for answers and RIDE gave them, but the MAC all uppercase upsets a lot of us since it stands for Media Access Controller. I know he probably just made a mistake but many do get bugged by that.

Thanks RIDE for helping him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
P.S... It's Mac... not MAC.

:D ;D

Reaction score
I like you Ride, I wouldn't mind buying you a drink.

By the way how do you like your PC
;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I used to work at a hotel. There is a list of 10-20 questions I would get asked about 100 times a day, but to the person asking, it was the first time. To me, it was very annoying and could drive me nuts, but I had to look at it from the perspective of the person asking. It's not their fault they don't know and I'm always asked, so I can't take it out on them.

Same goes for people new to Macs who don't know that MAC is not preferred. Don't scare them away right at the beginning! I'm not saying anyone here was being rude, but it's something to think about.

OP
T
Reaction score
***??

Yes I am new at the 'Mac' world and I didn't know that people would actually get offended if I called it a "MAC".

I really do appreciate all the help that I get from this site, but yeah, it doesn't feel to good when people start 'hating' on you.

Thanks to the ones who have helped me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
No one here was "hating" on you KoolKat... just a little ribbing, along with some help and info.
Gazmaz said:
I like you Ride, I wouldn't mind buying you a drink.
Do it then brother! (or sister!) ;D:D

By the way how do you like your PC
;D

I LOVE my "PC"... It's a 20" iMac
;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Instead of MAC... refer to the iPod as Ipod... oooohhh... now THAT will really get 'em mad! ;D:D:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I used to work at a hotel. There is a list of 10-20 questions I would get asked about 100 times a day, but to the person asking, it was the first time. To me, it was very annoying and could drive me nuts, but I had to look at it from the perspective of the person asking. It's not their fault they don't know and I'm always asked, so I can't take it out on them.

Same goes for people new to Macs who don't know that MAC is not preferred. Don't scare them away right at the beginning! I'm not saying anyone here was being rude, but it's something to think about.

TYPING IN ALL CAPS ON THE INTERNET IS SHOUTING. IT IS EXTREMELY RUDE. HAVING NEW PEOPLE SCREAMING "MAC" ALL THE TIME GETS ON MY NERVES.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Instead of MAC... refer to the iPod as Ipod... oooohhh... now THAT will really get 'em mad! ;D:D:D

I have typed Ipod by accident a few times, but it was just me in a hurry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have typed Ipod by accident a few times, but it was just me in a hurry.

I didn't see it... I will give you Neg rep now, since you obviously admit to it.

<kidding of course!>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.0ghz CD 1gb 80HD SD *black*
Mac=apple computer
MAC=Expensive cosmetics

no?;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
where cann i downlaod a MACKintouch I-Pod??/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.