concern over my macbook

Reaction score
hi there..

i just ot my macbook few months ago and my frens started to tell me that my white macbook will turn yellow after sometime,how could i maintain my white macbook with turning yellowish??and recently i got it stained with black ink,how can i get rid of it??i tried using water but is not working..thanks for the help :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi there..

i just ot my macbook few months ago and my frens started to tell me that my white macbook will turn yellow after sometime,how could i maintain my white macbook with turning yellowish??and recently i got it stained with black ink,how can i get rid of it??i tried using water but is not working..thanks for the help :)

From what I understand, Apple replaces the palm rests if they yellow. I don't believe this is a problem with the newer machines.

To get the black ink off, you might try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's gentle, but does a great job on textured surfaces.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Yep, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works PERFECTLY. I actually have the same problem as you, black ink :( It takes it off in a few rotations.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP•2GB | iPod
yeah my palm rest are yellow and my macbook is only 4 months old.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
yeah my palm rest are yellow and my macbook is only 4 months old.

Sorry to hear that, maybe you should give Apple a call, see what they say. I've had mine since Oct of 2006, it hasn't turned yellow since. Good luck :D

OP
M
Reaction score
where can i get mr clean thingy??meaning i can change the palm resting area when it turns yellow?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
where can i get mr clean thingy??meaning i can change the palm resting area when it turns yellow?

Depends on where you live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I bought a couple of Mr Clean Magic Erasers at Target. The larger grocery stores where I live carry them in the cleaning supplies aisle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
There was a discussion in one of the threads wherein the yellowing top was replaced by Apple. It would be worth calling Apple Care and check it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.