network settings

Reaction score
Hello, I was connected to my network at home last night. All of a sudden, today, I can't see my network anymore. What happened? Last night, I was able to view and grab files from my other computer. Today, I can't do any of it. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to Networking forum.

Reaction score
Hello, I was connected to my network at home last night. All of a sudden, today, I can't see my network anymore. What happened? Last night, I was able to view and grab files from my other computer. Today, I can't do any of it. Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Your post leaves me guessing too much ... you'll need to provide some further info.

1. Was last night the first and only time you successfully connected to your network?
  2. Is it a Mac -> Mac network or a PC -> Mac network?
  3. Is it a wired or wireless network?

Here's a tip for when you solve this:

When you have the mounted share/s on your desktop, open a Finder window and drag the mounted share/s icon to the toolbar. The next time you want to connect to your network, just click on the icon and that's all you need to do as long as you haven't changed any settings.

When your disconnected from the network the icons will revert to a question mark until you click on them when you want to connect. Of course, the other computers on the network need to be on.

In my attached image, there are 2 icons representing my mounted shares and a 3rd, which is a question mark, and represents an offline network computer.

Picture 1.png

OP
T
Reaction score
Help with network settings...

Yes last night was the only time I was able to connect to my network.
The main computer is a PC and that's where the modem is connected to. I can't seem to connect to the network with my MAC anymore.

After I solve this, I also want to enable printer sharing to the MAC.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes last night was the only time I was able to connect to my network.
The main computer is a PC and that's where the modem is connected to. I can't seem to connect to the network with my MAC anymore.

After I solve this, I also want to enable printer sharing to the MAC.

Please help me figure this out.

Thanks

My network consists of 3 macs and 1 PC. All are connected to the router via Ethernet cable. Are your computers connected this way?

Here are some links to help you along the way.

Connect Windows systems to Macs

10 things you should know about connecting Macintosh OS X systems to Windows networks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Here is a good link too

http://www.mac-connect.com/

I networked my wifes laptop with two iMacs this weekend for the first time..More later

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.