How to check my MacBook have Virus or not?

Reaction score
Dear all Macer,

I am newbie

How to check my MacBook have Virus or not? Do it have any freeware or Symantec that can online free for a check?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
You don't need to! Mac's don't get them!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Nope. No anti-virus software needed whatsoever.

But if you are too used to Windows and want that extra anti-virus icon for a sense of security,
you can create a new folder, rename it "super mac antivirus 2008 deluxe edition!!1.app" then drag it into your Dock.

;p

By the way, just curious, are you Chinese?

Reaction score
You don't need to! Mac's don't get them!

mac users will need them soon, especially with the rise of Apple. The reason why there are very few viruses is because there wasn't enough Macs to damage to make a hack worthwhile. That is why PCs have so many, 99% of computer owners have owned a PC, and still probably do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
mac users will need them soon, especially with the rise of Apple. The reason why there are very few viruses is because there wasn't enough Macs to damage to make a hack worthwhile. That is why PCs have so many, 99% of computer owners have owned a PC, and still probably do.

I completely disagree. Please stop spreading FUD with nothing to back it up. The reasons why none are out there up until now are open to debate but to simply say that one will pop up soon is disingenuous at best.

Unless you are busy writing one ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
I completely disagree. Please stop spreading FUD with nothing to back it up. The reasons why none are out there up until now are open to debate but to simply say that one will pop up soon is disingenuous at best.

Unless you are busy writing one ....

i agree....

there will be a virus one day though, just probably not really soon, and there are MANY reasons mac's dont get virii

two of them h appen to be the OS and that its never been worth it to hackers (since marketshare was so low)

if you were a hacker....what would you rather do? write code to affect PC's which are all over the world in millions? or spend your time writing it for a mac, that are not in millions over the world?

macs have a long way to catch up to PC's in a sense of total world dominance! and thats a good thing for mac users.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I'll believe it when I see it. Apple would have to reach 50% market share for it to be worth writing viruses for OSX instead of Windows. And we'll be on OSXIIXII or something by then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.