Grrrr! My Blood Pressures Sky High!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 2 GHz, 1 GB, 667 MHz, Ipod 4 GB Nano, 2nd gen Ipod shuffle, Ipod touch 8GB
I have a white Macbook. Just over a month old. About 5 mins ago I noticed that there's a 2 inch crack at the right hand side of the trackpad in the same place where the feet from the top screen rest. I am in complete disbelief!! Can somebody offer any info or advice about this issue? Please help b4 I have a pulmonary enbolism!! :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
The only advice I can offer is take a deep breath and relax. Take it back to the Apple store and have them look at it. If it is a fault of the build etc they will fix it for nothing under warranty. Failing that, as you are in Scotland I'm sure you could find your self a stiff drink somewhere nearby.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well I don't know what an enbolism is, but I hope you don't have an embolism ;P

Since it's a crack, the only thing you can really do is get it repaired. Apple offers a 1 year manufacturer's warranty (which I believe applies in your part of the world as well). So give Apple a call and they should fix you up with a repair.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 2 GHz, 1 GB, 667 MHz, Ipod 4 GB Nano, 2nd gen Ipod shuffle, Ipod touch 8GB
I've just googled it and apparently it's a known design fault? I've already had to have the battery replaced this week as my macbook was unexpectedly switching itself off. To say I'm angry is a complete understatement. I have spent hundreds on apple products and I feel like I've had the complete and utter **** ripped out me?! I know there are alot of hardcore mac devotees on this site so forgive me but at the moment I'm of the opinion that apple are a big bunch of c!*ts. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel for you. I had a bad first Apple experience 6 hours after I got my MBP. But is all good now.
Hint - Don't swear on this forum as it contravenes rules and you'll get bad rep points or banned if you are not careful. I know as I cut and pasted an article that had some profanity in it and got bad rep points.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel for you. I had a bad first Apple experience 6 hours after I got my MBP. But is all good now.
Hint - Don't swear on this forum as it contravenes rules and you'll get bad rep points or banned if you are not careful. I know as I cut and pasted an article that had some profanity in it and got bad rep points.

Thanks for the heads up, whatever happened to Freedom of speech eh?....

In the last year I've bought an apple Hi-fi which I love to bits, A new ipod nano and a new shuffle and most recently my macbook. I have agoraphobia so I don't go out and I only use my Macbook in my bedroom, I'm so careful with it that I can't believe this has happened! I'm hopeful that Apple will fix it but why should I have to go without my macbook for days whilst it's being repaired?! Also this thing scartches easier than butter so I'm reluctant to allow anyone else handle it cause I've heard horror stories of people having scratched and blemished macbooks returned. Anyway thanks for your support MaDDog, I really appreciate it. x

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have seen a few with your issue and Apple has fixed them. I know people who have the first run of Mac Books out there and have treated them pretty rough and nothing. So just get a hold of Apple and make them repair it. They owe you that. I can understand your being upset. I would be, for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No problems. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Agrophobia.....ouch.

Mark

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks guys for your help. It's sod's law, typical. I've been so careful with it! Ouch and now I've just grazed my hand on the sharp plastic shard! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
Just give us an update on your encounter with Apple support. Generally, they have a good reputation in providing fast support. Hopefully this will be your experience. Cheers ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
my girlfriends macbook is doing this, but its out of warranty i think.

left side, the actual front of the lappy, has a crack in it, maybe 1cm long?

looks like it could break more...

Reaction score
I always found that it if you go about things in a polite way with Apple they are always more than happy to help you out.

I had an iPod that was broken and I sent it off for repair , they sent it back saying that it was accidental damage so I rang them up and asked is there anyway that I can have it looked at again. They said that they would look at it again... so they did and now I have a new iPod on the way to me!

Worth a try ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I always found that it if you go about things in a polite way with Apple they are always more than happy to help you out.

This actually works most of the time ... O:)

I wonder if applecharlie25 has had her MacBook sent to Apple. It would be good to hear her experience with Apple Care.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi guys, ok so, I thought I'd give you an update on my cracked Macbook saga! Ok so I called apple the very next day and explained that I'd had my Macbook for less than two months and that it had the infamous wrist rest crack (for want of a better expression?)
Anyway initially they were v.apologetic and suggested that I take it to my nearest apple repair centre, this is all fine and well for a normal person but as I am agoraphobic it was useless, so I decided to explain my circumstances and after 30 mins of persuasion I was advised that given my circumstances they would make an (exception) and send me a new Macbook. Obviously I was thrilled, that was until I received my supposive new Macbook which promptly arrived completely covered in scratches! I was v.upset and called apple again to explain that the replacement Mac was clearly refurb or recon as it couldn't possibly be brand new covered in scratches which were quite deep and impossible to polish out. Again apologies were given and the confirmation that a brand new non refurb/recon Macbook would be sent out a.s.a.p! As good as their word shortly another Macbook arrived, at this stage I was desperately suffering from Macbook withdrawal and couldn't wait to open and set-up my new Macbook, however.... I felt like Richard Meldrew from One foot in the grave as I opened the box and proceeded to open the protective sleeve with my much loved brand new Macbook waiting to be switched on! "I couldn't believe it!!!!" It was another Macbook completely covered in deep scratches and the top outer casing was covered in dust and dirt!!! Well! That was that! A one extremely irrate applecharlie called applecare (oh the irony) to inform that I was in complete disbelief at receiving another unacceptably damaged Macbook and that I wanted a refund immediately! Unfortunately I had called through and was confronted with one of apples less than helpful unsympathetic call handlers. Anyway to cut an already too long story short, after 40 mins of haggling and 20 mins on solid hold I was advised that in this instance a refund would be given. Sorted I thought until I realized that I was in a laptop less position! lol,that sounds quite odd n kinky?! :) Anyway, I borrowed my boyfriends pc and decided to look/research other laptops and in particular the new sony vaio cr series which is being released mid july. Having my boyfriends laptop for a few days to help me out whilst searching the market for a suitable Macbook replacement was just utterly futile and the reality hit home as I started to grieve for my Macbook. :-(. It felt like I'd lost a best friend as I described it to mum. I was completely lost and couldn't handle being mac less any longer so I jumped straight onto the apple store uk and ordered another Macbook! It was at this point that I noticed the higher spec Macbook had been lowered in price so I decided to go for the 2.16 GHz Macbook. My new Macbook arrived early Friday morning and I couldn't wait to get all set-up! However, on inspection new Macbook was also covered in scratches though not as severe as the other two Macbooks so I whipped out the Ice creme and set about polishing out the scratches. After a few hours of extreme patience ( not the normal kind! :) and great care I finally managed to remove and reduce some of the more noticeable scratches! Job's a good one! according to apple the scratched Macbooks could have belonged to a faulty batch? Never mind, I am now fully Macbooked up and I couldn't be happier to at long last reunited with my beloved Macbook! In conclusion I feel that overall my experience with apple so far has been positive, so a happy ending!!! :) Now I just hope that my new Macbook doesn't start cracking up on me, think I'll get it a shrink just incase?! Lame I know, anyway thanks to all who contributed in my Macbook quest, your help and advice is greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What an experience !!! Thanks heaps for sharing it in the forum ... appreciate it. Like you, I don't think I can part with my macbook now. The thing is that you got a slightly faster macbook. cheers ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
Hi guys, ok so, I thought I'd give you an update on my cracked Macbook saga! Ok so I called apple the very next day and explained that I'd had my Macbook for less than two months and that it had the infamous wrist rest crack (for want of a better expression?)
Anyway initially they were v.apologetic and suggested that I take it to my nearest apple repair centre, this is all fine and well for a normal person but as I am agoraphobic it was useless, so I decided to explain my circumstances and after 30 mins of persuasion I was advised that given my circumstances they would make an (exception) and send me a new Macbook. Obviously I was thrilled, that was until I received my supposive new Macbook which promptly arrived completely covered in scratches! I was v.upset and called apple again to explain that the replacement Mac was clearly refurb or recon as it couldn't possibly be brand new covered in scratches which were quite deep and impossible to polish out. Again apologies were given and the confirmation that a brand new non refurb/recon Macbook would be sent out a.s.a.p! As good as their word shortly another Macbook arrived, at this stage I was desperately suffering from Macbook withdrawal and couldn't wait to open and set-up my new Macbook, however.... I felt like Richard Meldrew from One foot in the grave as I opened the box and proceeded to open the protective sleeve with my much loved brand new Macbook waiting to be switched on! "I couldn't believe it!!!!" It was another Macbook completely covered in deep scratches and the top outer casing was covered in dust and dirt!!! Well! That was that! A one extremely irrate applecharlie called applecare (oh the irony) to inform that I was in complete disbelief at receiving another unacceptably damaged Macbook and that I wanted a refund immediately! Unfortunately I had called through and was confronted with one of apples less than helpful unsympathetic call handlers. Anyway to cut an already too long story short, after 40 mins of haggling and 20 mins on solid hold I was advised that in this instance a refund would be given. Sorted I thought until I realized that I was in a laptop less position! lol,that sounds quite odd n kinky?! :) Anyway, I borrowed my boyfriends pc and decided to look/research other laptops and in particular the new sony vaio cr series which is being released mid july. Having my boyfriends laptop for a few days to help me out whilst searching the market for a suitable Macbook replacement was just utterly futile and the reality hit home as I started to grieve for my Macbook. :-(. It felt like I'd lost a best friend as I described it to mum. I was completely lost and couldn't handle being mac less any longer so I jumped straight onto the apple store uk and ordered another Macbook! It was at this point that I noticed the higher spec Macbook had been lowered in price so I decided to go for the 2.16 GHz Macbook. My new Macbook arrived early Friday morning and I couldn't wait to get all set-up! However, on inspection new Macbook was also covered in scratches though not as severe as the other two Macbooks so I whipped out the Ice creme and set about polishing out the scratches. After a few hours of extreme patience ( not the normal kind! :) and great care I finally managed to remove and reduce some of the more noticeable scratches! Job's a good one! according to apple the scratched Macbooks could have belonged to a faulty batch? Never mind, I am now fully Macbooked up and I couldn't be happier to at long last reunited with my beloved Macbook! In conclusion I feel that overall my experience with apple so far has been positive, so a happy ending!!! :) Now I just hope that my new Macbook doesn't start cracking up on me, think I'll get it a shrink just incase?! Lame I know, anyway thanks to all who contributed in my Macbook quest, your help and advice is greatly appreciated!!

aboveisfunny.gif
she "cracks" me up!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.