iWeb/.Mac website Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
Hi... So I've been using the iWeb templates for sometime and they're beautiful and make my site loook super cool, but I can't figure out how to do anything else, like customize a template, change colors, create my own background... things like that.

Also, is there anyway to make a questbook page? where people can leave a comment?

here's my site right now :

Clicky

also i kinda dont want my full name just chillin in the URL, is there any way to alter that?!

thanks!!!!

Reaction score
iWeb only creates basic html sites that let you share your media. Apple themselves don't talk about websites in the classic sense, they say iWeb is just a way to publish your media online. Thus, it doesn't do anything dynamic. For features like comments and interaction, you'll have to use some script or platform or code it yourself or get it done. After all webdesigners earn their money somewhere :)

OP
ambivalent
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
makes sense.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
There is a lot you can't do with iWeb, but there is also a lot you can do, it is a matter of creativity or excess of free time. Templates are customizable enough for most basic tasks, like changing or creating the background, changing colors or fonts, changing the layout... if you can be a little more specific i may be ableto help you step by step.
About the guestbook, there is only one true iWeb-based option, you can create a blog entry and use it's comment section as a guestbook, just be sure to link to it only. You can use some external guestbooks but those requiere a little bit of editing in the created/published page, try HaloScan, it is free and requires minimal changes.
About your having your name as part of your address, the only solution i can think of is using a web-host service, a frame-based page there and use you .Mac account to store the site, like the author of What The Duck.

Reaction score
You can get non-Apple templates or even make your own.. If there is something specific that you want to add, I have had decent luck with just exporting from iWeb then modifying the HTML to add little stuff, but the guestbook might be a little tough since .Mac doesn't allow server side scripting (at least I don't think it does).

Reaction score
Just a quick suggestion, for guestbook and comments, I installed Wordpress at my website. Dreamhost offers this as a free one click install, but you can install it at your site either way.

You could just enable comments, and setup your first post to say Leave Comments Below, or something like that. I think you can get pretty creative with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Hey I gotta question? Where did my templates go? The first time I fired up iWeb It popped up all thes templeates to choose from. Now I got nothing and it won't even let me add a new page. I reinstalled and I got the same troubles. Any ideas. Everything is in shadow and I can't figure out how to add a new site. I'm stuck and frustrated. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sure its only a user error but I'd be very grateful if someone could assist me. Its frustrating, please help. I have a few events coming up and I wanted to make a website for them. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pretty pretty please with sugar on top and sprinkles....I could really use some help. I'm not sure if this is the right thread but if not can someone please shove me in the right direction

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.