Student Discount..

J

Joeytpg

Guys.....i've read that with the student discount you can get a $100 off from the final iBook price, and a $200 off for P.B.

does this mean that if i buy lets say, a 15" PB, the 1.33 ghz ($1,999) with the S.D. i'll be paying $1,799???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Joeytpg said:
Guys.....i've read that with the student discount you can get a $100 off from the final iBook price, and a $200 off for P.B.

does this mean that if i buy lets say, a 15" PB, the 1.33 ghz ($1,999) with the S.D. i'll be paying $1,799???

To find out the pricing with the Education discount, just visit the "Store for Education" portion of the Apple website. To answer your question, the Education pricing for the 15" PB w/ Combo drive is indeed $1799. The 15" Superdrive models are $2299.

OP
S

Sundance

its not only $200... there is also a small discount for some upgrades too. so in reality you will be saving $200+!!

i bought my powerbook with the discount. it makes buying a mac much less hurtful on the pocketbook and it actually makes the 12" powerbook a very good bargain compared to pc 12" notebooks.

OP
J

Joeytpg

ok i went down to the http://www.apple.com/education/store/ link and i selected a university,after that it just sends me to the "Store" for me to pick the unit i'd like to buy, i chose a Powerbook, but at the end the "total price" was the same as if it didn't have no student discount, i don't get it....

OP
S

section31

Not sure where you are located but you can also get the discount from an Apple store if there is one near you, just bring your student I.D. Once they told me that, I figured I'd go up there and get it directly so I didn't have to wait or worry about shipping.

OP
P

prozach1576

I would recommend the SD to anyone. Online, they require no proof of enrollment or anything. I bought my PowerBook from Apple Education and said I was a student at the University of Michigan. I won't be there until August...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
prozach1576 said:
I would recommend the SD to anyone. Online, they require no proof of enrollment or anything. I bought my PowerBook from Apple Education and said I was a student at the University of Michigan. I won't be there until August...

You said that you will not be there until August. Are you enrolled? I know you have to apply almost a year in advance to be accepted into a university. So if you have been accepted at the university and have not attend yet, you are still a student.

And you would be on the roll at University of Michigan, whrn Apple check to see if you are a student.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Joeytpg said:
ok i went down to the http://www.apple.com/education/store/ link and i selected a university,after that it just sends me to the "Store" for me to pick the unit i'd like to buy, i chose a Powerbook, but at the end the "total price" was the same as if it didn't have no student discount, i don't get it....

I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but when I click the link, then select a school under the "Shop for yourself" section (the one on the left beneath the photo of a woman using an Apple laptop), it takes me to the Education Store, where the prices are discounted. You'll know you're in the right place because the word Education will be printed in green beneath Apple Store in the upper left corner.

OP
J

Joeytpg

Padawan said:
I'm not sure why it isn't working for you, but when I click the link, then select a school under the "Shop for yourself" section (the one on the left beneath the photo of a woman using an Apple laptop), it takes me to the Education Store, where the prices are discounted. You'll know you're in the right place because the word Education will be printed in green beneath Apple Store in the upper left corner.

no no i mean..that works fine........but i mean....after choosing the unit i want to buy....the TOTAL price does not appear with the S.D. price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hmm...perhaps if we knew what school, which PowerBook model, and which accessories you are selecting...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Joeytpg said:
no no i mean..that works fine........but i mean....after choosing the unit i want to buy....the TOTAL price does not appear with the S.D. price.

it doesnt say anything about the discounts you are getting it just shows the prices lower

OP
J

Joeytpg

that's the thing...it doesn't show the prices lowered :( at least not at the apple.es (spain) site....i'll be attending a University in Spain and i guess i should enter the "spain" university for discount purposes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
they might not give you discounts in spain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
You can also get Educational versions of software at greatly reduced prices...

They are normally exactly the same apart from the license agreement, you CAN NOT use them for BUSINESS or PERSONAL GAIN.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.