Safari Shortcut Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book, 2 Ghz
i'm trying to find a way to change the command that lets you switch between tabs in safari. i honestly don't like safari that much. how do you guys feel about camino in general?

but my main question is how do i change the keyboard shortcut to go between tabs. the default is cmd+shift+[ , but i would like to change it so that i can do it all with my left hand. (i tend to use the mouse right handed)

i tried searching the web...not too hard, but i got frustrated because despite the keywords i used, i got the same results. the forum has too any posts on keyboard shortcuts.

i'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out or link me to an old thread with a solution.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
You may want to move this question in the Softwares thread since this tread is all about hardware stuff. I tried to ask a question about a software in this thread and it got deleted or moved. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or let me move it for you :)

OP
firoz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book, 2 Ghz
i found the answer right after i posted, but my internet went down. thanks for responding though.

for anyone that sees this in the future. use the mac help section, it's straight forward on the topic of keyboard shortcuts.

in short, you'd go into system preferences ---> keyboard/mouse ---> keyboard shortcuts ---> go down to the application shortcuts (or other area) ---> and add a new shortcut. you have to use the exact heading of the action from the menu and then put in the keys you want to use.

example for my situation:

the exact menue heading is under Window ---> "Select Next Tab"

and then i can assign a shortcut. has to be exact phrasing.

happy shortcutting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac24aluminum
Thanks (half a year later)

Just what I needed. I'm also trying to get used to Safari. Thanks for posting the solution, after you already had it solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.