App thats hows all your Apps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
App thats shows all your Apps?

Update: FOUND IT!! It's called Todos:

http://dbachrach.com/opensoft/index.php?page=Todos

Original post:
Awhile back I saw a program that shows you all of the programs on your Mac with a nice translucent gray or black background (had mini icons on it). Anyone remember what the name of it was?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Quicksilver?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quicksilver_(software)

I don't use it though, but I do know you can use it to launch apps, among doing many other things.

And I'm guessing you can customize it, so that it would be gray/black?

[EDIT]

Waaait a second!

Are you just talking about the Application Switcher that is triggered by pressing Command Tab??

That kinda fits your description perfectly!

Application Switcher

Besides using the Dock to switch applications, you can use Application Switcher key combinations.

* Command Tab
Cycle forward through open applications. Keep the Command key pressed continuously, while pressing and releasing the Tab key as desired. Pressing it one time will switch to the previous application you were using. You can also use Command-~ (Command-tilde) to cycle backward through open applications. You can also use the mouse, arrow keys, or (if your mouse has one) scroll wheel to select an application in the Command-Tab row.

* Command Shift Tab
Cycle backward through open applications. Keep the Command key pressed continuously, while pressing and releasing the Tab and Shift keys as desired.

* Command H
Hides an application that you have selected via Application Switcher. The Command key must be held continuously from the time your selection is made until you press H. After hiding an application, you must select another via Application Switcher, or it will return to the foreground when you release Command.

* Command Q
Quit an application. This is a common key combination independent of the Dock, but it may be useful with Application Switcher.

from http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106743 (at the bottom)

[edit]

Then again, there's also this one:

http://www.manytricks.com/witch/

Reaction score
oo.. I use all three of them. I think witch's great, though there are some problems with dreamweaver cs3. Quicksilver is rather OK..and I use standard application switcher often, but it is getting replaced by witch, which is much more powerful

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Nope, those aren't it! I saw this program a few months ago. It shows you all of the programs installed on your computer, not just the ones that are running. I've done a lot of googling and spent like a day and a half searching TUAW's posts on software so far with no luck. It's like an icon list of all of your program icons, arranged in a box order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Nice, this has just replaced the "Application" folder alias I had in my dock and its great to have a hotkey combo for it. Two things would be nice however, I don't feel its necessary to have it show in the menu bar, maybe it would be better if it installed into the System Preferences as a seperate panel, theres no option to uncheck "Show Todos in the menu bar". Also it would be nice to be able to enlarge the thumbnail size, they are pretty small and you have to focus to find what you are looking for, which detracts from the function of the icon in the first place.

Anyway, I'll give it a week and see how it works out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.