tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
does anyone remember what tiger went for when it first came out? 150, 200 dollars ?? i can't seem to remember the price, the reason i ask is because i am very interested in leopard, and though it isn't out yet I was wondering what the price may cost for the OS when released?

M

MacHeadCase

On Apple's webpage, Tiger is the same price now as when it was newly released. Apple won't lower Tiger's price once Leopard comes out: you simply won't see it on Apple's site anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It'll probably cost 129$/€, just like Tiger, although there has been some speculation that the inclusion of Front Row (previously not a part of Tiger, only on new Macs) and Boot Camp might raise the price a bit.

M

MacHeadCase

Really? Ooh! I never thought of that. Price has always been the same before that. That would mean then that there would be more than one version of Leopard available? A PPC Mac has no use for Boot Camp is my thinking here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well I doubt Apple would vista-fy OSX with multiple versions, but Steve was touting the inclusion of boot camp and front row as one of the advantages in leopard, so that's why there was some speculation there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.