• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

if a movie was made about mac-forums...

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
who would play you?

feel free to pitch a script/story idea too!

i think it would be Vince Vaughn for me.
right size (though a bit thinner), funny, right color hair.
though on the shoot, i'd have to keep my wife away from him...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
haha that would be fun. :) I don't know who I would like to play me...

Reaction score
Christopher Walken.

I'm a bad man...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'd play village idiot...

iPod 30 GB

Coming June 15th

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Kate Beckinsale as iKitten:
38m.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
That will be a great movie to watch ;P

Give me some pop corn.

Not sure who'd play me. I don't think anyone is in the right size or craziness either :Shouting: :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Eve Mendes as Netty4mac?

eva-mendes-4566.jpeg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I was female, Sandra Bullock could play me quite well as sometimes I am like she was in the movie The Net. When I first saw The Net I thought, my kind of woman! :D

Not seen an Actor like me as yet though.

Whoever it was would have to be a computer NUT and a guitarist/musician.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Ok, so here's my script pitch:

A madman who uses windows has planted a virtual bomb onto Mac-Forums because he feels threatened by Apple's growing popularity. He doesn't want the word to get out, so he goes after THE GREATEST source for Mac information on the web. And unless we keep the number of members online above 50, the forum will be lost forever! A renegade member who lives on the edge, yours truly (I know, I have a big ego), has to get the word out to all of the other members and keep the people online. But there's a catch. Each member has to stay active too. You can't just sign on and walk away, you have to be posting. In the end, we find the madman and give him a virus because he uses windows.

I'd be played by Keanu Reeves. If you look at my avatar, you can see the obvious resemblance.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
virtual rep customer! very nice!

Reaction score
Nicholas Cage.

Total jerk, in the nicest, most intelligent way possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'd play village idiot...

iPod 30 GB

Coming June 15th

Really? I'd thought my part would go to Chris Farley...Zombified Chris Farley anyways...

It would be about a few Mac fanatics trying to kill/be killed by a few mac haters with a bunch of semi-biased mac users walking around with big ***'s over their heads and several non biased users wondering what exactly is going on and why the heck are these people acting so darn irrational.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Really? I'd thought my part would go to Chris Farley...Zombified Chris Farley anyways...

It would be about a few Mac fanatics trying to kill/be killed by a few mac haters with a bunch of semi-biased mac users walking around with big ***'s over their heads and several non biased users wondering what exactly is going on and why the heck are these people acting so darn irrational.

So just a normal day then :D :D ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'd be played by Brent Spiner (Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation). Given my wife often calls me Mr. Data, he wouldn't have to learn much new.

He'd still have to use "phone book dialogue" in everyday conversation, would be utterly clueless as to how to interact with humans beyond some fixed scripts he's learned, and would constantly strive to be more human with only marginal success. He *would* understand humor a little, but would spend much time in personal internal debate over the logical purpose of his existence. Mostly emotions wouldn't be relevant.

oyeibcover.jpg

(As an aside, the inline photo is from a CD Brent Spiner did in the early 90s. It is most excellent. ^_^ Unlike his predecessors (Bill Shatner and Leonard Nimoy), he can sing very well.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Well, since I'm guessing that schweb won't cast himself in this thread, who do you all think should play schweb?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.