• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Free Ipod with purchase of any MacBook w/ student discount!

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 ghz blac-book
I just noticed that they are giving away ipod nano's or 199 off a larger ipod with any macbook purchase. Looks to be that they are only doing this for student/educational purchases.

Just a head's up for those looking to buy.

tam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz PowerPC iMac G5
No more nano..?

I noticed this too. In fact, I posted the following on Apple's forums, only to have it removed due to speculation about new products:

Last couple times they did this, they were phasing out the current version of the smaller iPod - that's how I got my mini (and my friend got a 1st-gen white nano a year later-ish). Aside from the iPhone, are there any new releases on the horizon? Every time Mac gives something away, something new is right around the corner.

So, any thoughts? Anything new, or any chance the nano is changing/disappearing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
They have done this for the last few years. Last year when my parents purchased a new Ibook I upgraded the Nano to a 60GB Ipod. A couple years b4 that I got an Ipod mini.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.