flash drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
my friend is giving me his flash drive, though it is a sandisk 4GB and the software is not compatible for MAC, but I would have delete the software anyway. Will it work with mac, after all it is just storing and carrying info???

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
any flash drive should be compatible. if he had it formatted ntfs for some reason, you'll just have to reformat it with disk utility as FAT32 or HFS+ (if you don't think you'll ever connect it to a windows machine).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
It didn't occur to me before using my SanDisk flash drive that it might not work for any reason! It does fine. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
It'll work fine. Like you say, the security software won't be any good, but in my experience the same goes on Windows anyway. I set one with the same password I have used for years, and the second time I used it it forgot the password and formatted the data partition.

Just don't format it with the HFS system (Mac) if you want to read it with a PC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.