Local server for OS-X 10.4.9?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
Hi,

I'm looking for a reliable local server application to experiment on a heavily modded phpBB board. I downloaded MAMP but before installing it, read quuite a few bugs and problems with this package and weary that it'll only be a pain.

Cheers,
Gene

Reaction score
Gene,

Personally I think that MAMP is thee best option for running a local dev server. There may be a few bugs but nothing that should stop you from doing the install. Try to get a solid understanding for what bugs are present and weigh them against your needs.

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
Local server

Gene,

Personally I think that MAMP is thee best option for running a local dev server. There may be a few bugs but nothing that should stop you from doing the install. Try to get a solid understanding for what bugs are present and weigh them against your needs.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.

I think I'll have a go at it, I already have a modded phpBB board and I would like to customize it even more and at this moment, I'm doing these modifications on my remote server (host) after backing up the files I wish to work on.

If I were to install MAMP, seems that I have to copy my files to .htdocs, does this mean that I need to copy all of my root files and my folders to htdocs or do I have the option of creating a new folder (phpBBtest) and copy my files to that folder. What I meane to say is that is it possible to have more than 1 script under different folder names in MAMP?

Cheers,
Gene

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.