Airport software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 2Ghz, Ibook G3 800mhz
Hello,

well first off, im new to the forum, but i have been with mac all my life my first computer was a Mac Centris, i currently have a G5 dual processor with 2.0 gigahertz, and i also bought a used Ibook G3 with 800mhz and 640 ram

anyway, im planning on getting the airport card for it, and thats no problem, but, i bought the computer on ebay, and it came with no software so i installed Tiger, and theres nothing about the airport on the ibook now, when i install the airport card, will it appears in my network settings? or do i need to download some special software for the card? and where can i download it?

thanks a lot in advanced!

Reaction score
OS X has the wireless network software on it. It's just "hidden" and needs to be "woken up" by installing an Airport card, yes. It's basically Mac OS X's way of putting stuff away that are irrelevant to you.

OP
Mindcrime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual G5 2Ghz, Ibook G3 800mhz
oh, thanks a lot, ! im just new to the mac laptop world, all my macs have been desktop computers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.