audio monitor-ableton

Reaction score
hey im looking for a cheep way to set up a seporate monitor for ableton for previewing tracks seporate from the main audio output, i had been reading up on usb audio dongles (such as imic) and was wondering if this would allow me to have two seporate audio outputs?:D thanks in advance D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
Hey there. Is this for DJing in Live or sequencing? Oh yeah, do you have a laptop or a desktop?

Looks to me like the iMic has only one output so you wouldn't be albe to set up a seperate monitor to your master output as all the audio would come out of that one output. However, as it's stereo, You may be able to set up a system where the master comes out of the left channel and the monitor out of the right but im not sure if that is possible in Ableton. It would also mean a mono output from both.

I can only think of looking for a soundcard with two stereo outputs. Im not sure how cheap you want to go as soundcards can cost well up to 3 or 4 figures.

I found this http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/flypage/product_id/30863 which provides 4 inputs and 4 outputs. Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

Trouble is the market is saturated with soundcards so deciding which one to buy is almost as much trouble as getting the money for it! Im looking for one myself and i can't decide. Seems like a new one comes out every week. Hope this kind of helps

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks, im running an ibook so an internal card - which im guessing was your next sugesstion isnt an option that looks like it will fo the job a treat, just got to save up the cash now :D thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.