LogMeIn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi!

Does anybody know if there's a Mac equivalent of the LogMeIn remote control software? I know there's VNC and others like it, but I'm hoping for some kind of service like LogMeIn or GoToMyPC that won't have me screwing around with firewalls...

If there isn't anything like it for OSX, how do you imagine it might perform under Parallels 3 in Coherence mode?

Thanks!

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Chicken of the VNC <-- (link)

Chicken of the VNC is a VNC client for Mac OS X. A VNC client allows one to display and interact with a remote computer screen. In other words, you can use Chicken of the VNC to interact with a remote computer as though it's right next to you.

And Vine Server<-- (link)

Vine Server is a full featured VNC server for Mac OS X providing remote access to the GUI, keyboard and mouse using Vine Viewer or any other VNC client.

--

As far as firewalls go, that's something you need to take into account. The only way you won't have to worry about firewalls is if you disable them.

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^ With OSX being the host? Or the client?

The need I had specifically was for OSX being the host. I always assumed that guest mode would work the same as on Windows given the LogMeIn Firefox extension.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Hot off the TUAW (The unofficial Apple Weblog.)

Looks like yer set.

OP
spilio
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice news about LogMeIn for the Mac... Interestingly enough, I didn't see anything about it on LMI's site.

Anyway, thanks for the replies!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.